Pull Off Adhesion Tester PosiTest AT
What is Pull off Adhesion Testers PosiTest AT ?
Pull Off Adhesion Tester PosiTest AT is uses for measures adhesion of coatings to metal, wood, concrete and also other rigid substrates. In accordance with ASTM D4541/D7234, ISO 4624, and others, adhesion testers evaluate the adhesion (pull-off strength) of a coating by determining the greatest tensile pull-off force that it can withstand before detaching. Breaking points, demonstrating by fractured surfaces, occur along the weakest plane within the system consisting of the dolly (loading fixture, pull stub), glue, coating layer(s), and also the substrate.
Why is it necessary to test adhesion?
The goal of adhesion testing is to produce a coating failure. Coating adhesion is an indicator of how well the surface was prepared and how well the coating has bonded to the surface and/or additional coating layers. Testing adhesion offers a quantifiable method of determining if a paint or coating system is fit-for-purpose and ready to meet the quality demands of job specifications.
PosiTest Adhesion Test Kit feature:
- Select from four Stand-offs sizes from 20 mm, 50 mm, 50×50 mm Tile and also 50 mm C1583.
- Environmentally sealed enclosure – weatherproof, dustproof and also shockproof – meets or exceeds IP65.
- Firstly is Inexpensive, and then is single-use dollies eliminate cleaning for re-use and finally can be kept as a permanent record.
- Self-aligning aluminum dolly enables accuratly measurements on both the smooth or uneven surfaces.
- Variable sizes from 10, 14, 20 until 50 mm selectable dollies, maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths.
- Come with calibrated certificate to ± 1% accuracy using a NIST traceable load cell.
- Conforms to international standards such as ASTM C1583/D4541/D7234/D7522, ISO 4642/16276-1, BS EN 12004-2, AS/NZS 1580.408.5 and others.
PosiTest Pull off adhesion tester Automatic AT-A
- Electronically controlled hydraulic pump, automatically applies smooth and also continuous pull-off pressure. Greatly reduces user effort and the risk of influencing the pulling process.
- Impact and scratch resistant color touch screen with keypad for operation with or without gloves.
- Built-in rechargeable battery performs over 200 tests per charge. Continually testing with AC power even while the battery recharges.
- Environmentally sealed enclosure—weatherproof, dust proof and also shock proof—meets or exceeds IP65.
- Rubberized, shock absorbing grips provide a stable, skid-resistant footing.
- Self-aligning aluminum dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth and also uneven surfaces.
- 10, 14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths. Maximum pull-off pressure by dolly size as follow :
– 10 mm: 14000 psi (96 MPa)
– 14 mm: 7000 psi (50 MPa)
– 20 mm: 3500 psi (24 MPa)
– 50 mm: 560 psi (3.8 MPa)
- User selectable measurement units: psi (pounds per square inch), MPa (Megapascal), Nmm2 (Newtons per millimeter square) or Newton (force)
- User adjustable pull rate, pull limit and also hold time.
- Rotating display for horizontal and also vertical use.
- Included certificate calibration to ± 1% accuracy using a NIST traceable load cell.
- Manual hydraulic pump designed to apply smooth and also continuous pressure with a single stroke.
- NEW High-contrast, easy to rad color display.
- Environmentally sealed enclosure—weatherproof, dust proof and also shockproof—meets or exceeds IP65.
- Self-aligning aluminum dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth or uneven surfaces.
- Pull Rate Indicator to manually monitor and adjust the rate of pull.
- Internal memory stores maximum pull-off pressure, pull rate, test duration and also dolly size for up to 200 pulls.
- NEW Field replaceable AAA alkaline batteries provide up to 16 hours of testing.
- 10, 14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths.
– 10 mm: 10000 psi (70 MPa)
– 14 mm: 6000 psi (40 MPa)
– 20 mm: 3000 psi (20 MPa)
– 50 mm: 480 psi (3.3 MPa)
– 50×50 mm: 375 psi (2.585 MPa)
- User selectable measurement units available the psi (pounds per square inch) or MPa (Megapascal).
- Every PosiTest Adhesion Tester is calibrated and certified to ± 1% accuracy using a NIST traceable load cell.
- Compatible with PosiSoft Desktop software for viewing, printing and storing measurement data.
Measuring Coating Adhesion to Metals, Concrete, and more with the PosiTest AT from DeFelsko- the Measure of Quality.
For any coating to perform, it is critical that it be properly adhered to the substrate. Factors such as an unstable substrate, inadequate surface preparation, surface contamination, and improper coating application can result in a coating system with poor performance.
Adhesion Testing plays a significant role in coatings inspection, whether the user is trying to adhere to industry standards, maintain quality control, or follow customer specifications.
Also available PosiTest AT Verifier ideal for checking the accuracy and operation of PosiTest Adhesion Testers and is an important component in fulfilling both ISO and in-house quality control requirements.
For more product detail, quotation request or future discussion please contact us.