TQC Paint Inspection Gauge SP1100 Super PIG is a destructive precision tool for inspection and thickness measurement on single or multiple coats on virtually all substrates, including wood, plastics, metals etc. Also observes and measures substrate and film defects. Applies a small incision in the layer of paint, and uses an integrated microscope reticle. The SP1100 is a very stable instrument, also the integrated microscope has an excellent focus. The microscope is provided with a double scale (mm and inch) which allows you to calculate to micrometers and also mils. Reduce of ambient light because of a rubber end cap on the microscope so when observing through the microscope you will have a better focus upon the specimen.
TQC PIG SPECIFICATIONS. ( Video )
Range : 2 to 1800 microns / 0,1 to 70 mils
Microscope : Magnification 50X (with graduation-scale)
Scale range : 0,00 – 1,8 mm / 0,00 – 0,07 inch (rectilinear measured)
Variation : Accuracy depends on chisel cut angle and users reading
Battery : 4 x AG13/LR44
Material : Titanium anodised aluminium
Width : 25mm
Height : 110mm
Length : 65mm
TQC Destructive Paint Inspection Gauge Features:
- Made of Titanium anodised aluminum
- Three knife sizes and one crosscut knife in one holder
- Ergonomic design: revolving-system to change knives
- Bright white LED lights ensure clear vision through the microscope
- Small size eases use in corners
- Engraved scaling (D-factor) for easy calculations
Scope of Supply
- Super Pig III destructive paint inspection gauge
- Black marker
- Knives 1, 2 and 4 (sp1111, SP1112, SP1116)
- Hex diagonal wrench
- Black leather case with belt clip
- Firstly Mark the inspecting surface with a black line of approximately.
- After that place the Super PIG with its cutter behind the line and pull (without putting pressure on the gauge) the Super PIG across it, just cutting through the coating.
- Tilt the Super PIG and place the illuminated area at the intersection of the cut with the black.
- Look through the microscope and also turn the knob to focus on the inspection.
- Finally Read the graduation-scale and multiply the divisions with the D factor engraved on the Super PIG, depending on µm or mil.
The PIG Destructive Paint Inspection suitable use in Automotive and Coating Industry, Construction/Building maintenance, Galvanize, Laboratory, and also Paint include Steel Protection field.
For more detail please contact us.