What is Bresle Test Kit – Chloride Test Kit ?
Bresle Test kit is use to determine concentration of soluble salts on metal surfaces prior to coating application, such as painting using the conductivity gauge and bresle patch. These salts can cause serious adhesion problems after time.
The Bresle method uses the difference of conductivity of salts in water, each salt having a characteristic conductivity-versus-concentration relationship. The correlation between concentration and conductivity can be found in “Handbook of Chemistry and Physics”. This relationship is useful only if the dissolved salt is known. Sodium chloride, the main salt in sea water, causes a big increase in conductivity with increased concentration.
A special patch is applied to the surface to be tested, and a specified volume of deionized water is injected under the patch. Any soluble salts present on the surface will dissolve in the water. The fluid is extracted and its conductivity measured.
The conductivity of the collected salt solution depends on the volume of water used and its initial conductivity, and the amount of salt in solution depends on the area of the patch. The calculation of the salt per area is based on increased conductivity but in the IMO PSPC method the salt is calculated as sodium chloride, in the ISO 8502-9 method it is calculated as a specific mixture of salts, but expressed as Sodium Chloride.
We provide the bresle test kit products as follow :
TQC Bresle – Chloride Test Kit complies with the ISO 8502-6 and ISO 8502-9 standards. ( VIDEO )
ISO 8502-6 and ISO 8502-9 describe, that the Bresle Method to assess the level of soluble salts by using a Bresle patch or Bresle sampler, distilled water and also a conductivity gauge. The conductivity is mainly directly proportional to the concentration of dissolved chloride ions in the solution. The kits includes all the necessary equipment to execute a bresle test, that will indicate the contamination of soluble salts on blast-cleaned surfaces prior to coating. Inside the TQC Bresle – Chloride Test Kits is a conductivity gauge, used for the assessment of soluble salt ions as chlorides, sulphates and nitrates.
Contamination of blast-media
TQC Bresle – Chloride Test Kit is also suitable to determine the contamination of blast-media in use. This important test described in the ISO 11127-6 and also ISO 11127-7 standards, helps to prevent that the dissolved salts in the recycled abrasive media or water will not re-contaminate the surface being cleaned.
Standards: According to ISO8502-6, and also ISO8502-9
Application area’s: Marine coatings, Protective coatings, and also Pipeline coatings.
Features: Unique Direct Sampling Procedure (DSP) to ensure high speed and also accuracy. Up to 60 times more accurate than other test kits available.
TQC Bresle KIT – Chloride Test Complete KIT Supplied with:
- Digital conductivity meter
- 25x Bresle patch
- 6x 25ml beaker
- 200ml distilled water
- 20ml syringe with needle
- calibration and also rinse solution
- magnetic Bresle test spot marker
- Range: 0,1 – 20.000 mg/m2 (with DSP method)
- Resolution: 0,1 mg/m2 (with DSP method)
- Accuracy: 1% accuracy of gauge
- Temperature range: 0 – 50 ˚C
- ATC: 0 – 50 ˚C
- Normalization temperature: 25 ˚C
- Auto off: 8.5 minutes after last key pressed IP class: IP67
- Auto calibration at 84 µS/cm Patch area: 12,50 cm2
- Patch type: Latex membrane
Soluble Salt Tester SST Positector for measuring the concentration of soluble salts on metal surfaces
Measures the concentration of soluble salts (salt contamination) on metal surfaces in accordance with ISO 8502-6, 8502-9.
- Conductivity probe specifically designed for ISO 8502-6 and ISO8502-9
- Displays test duration, sample temperature, conductivity (µS/cm) and also surface density (mg/m2 or µg/cm2)
- Easy 1-2-3 gage interface guides users through the Bresle test method
- Automatic storage of a background (blank) measurement — handy when performing multiple tests
- PosiTector interchangeable platform – attach any PosiTector probe to a single gage body
- USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity to PosiSoft PC, Mac, and also Smartphone software
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST included (Long Form)
The PosiTector SST includes a certified and traceable conductivity probe specifically designed for ISO 8502-6,9.
Included with each probe is a Long Form Certificate of Calibration, and the following parameters are measured by the PosiTector SST Soluble Salt Meter :
- Conductivity (µS/cm)
- Sampling Temperature (C° or F°) normalized to 25°C
- Test duration
Using the measured conductivity value and also the sample test volume (set within the gauge menu), then the surface density of the salts (mg/m2 or µg/cm2) is automatically calculated in accordance with ISO 8502-9. Saving the gauge operator time and also eliminating the chance of a calculation error.