Replica Tape Reader RTR H PosiTector
Replica tape reader RTR-H Surface Profile Gage for Blasted Steel and Textured Coatings
Digital spring micrometers is measure, and also record surface profile parameters using Testex Press-O-Film.
- Ready to measure – no calibration adjustment required for most applications
- Produces a more accurate peak-to-valley height measurement
- Solvent, acid, oil, water, and also dust resistant – weatherproof
- PosiTector interchangeable platform – attach any PosiTector probe to a single gage body
- USB, WiFi, and also Bluetooth connectivity to PosiSoft PC, Mac, and Smartphone software
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to PTB included (Long Form)
How It Works
Before performing the profile test, preparation of both the surface to be tested and the PosiTector RTR H are necessary .
To prepare surface:
- Firstly use cleaning putty to remove dust, debris, or other residual blast media from the measurement site by firmly pressing the putty onto surface to be tested using your fingers and remove
To prepare the PosiTector Replica Tape Reader H:
- Clean anvils using included cleaning card. Swipe card through opening a few times while firmly pressing both probe buttons to remove dust
- Zero probe and verify accuracy with included shim
- Ensure correct grade of replica tape is displayed in upper left hand corner of LCD
Testex Press-O-Film consists of a layer of compressible foam affixed to an incompressible polyester film of highly uniform thickness. When pressed against a roughened steel surface, the foam forms an impression, or reverse replica, of the surface.
- Select appropriate grade of replica tape based on target profile
- Pull a single adhesive-backed replica tape free of its release paper and then apply to blasted surface
- Firmly compress replica film using the rounded end of the included stainless steel burnishing tool. Apply sufficient pressure in a circular and also x-y rubbing motion for 30-60 seconds to fully compress all parts of the film. In general, too much compression is safer than too little.
- When complete, remove replica tape from surface.
Placing the compressed tape (replica) into the PosiTector RTR H gives a measure of the average maximum peak-to-valley height of the surface roughness profile.
- Insert the burnished replica tape into the measurement opening. Then ensure the tape is properly positioned so that the burnished region is centered within the opening in the probe with the adhesive (sticky) side down.
- To position the tape, move the Testex™ Press-O-Film™ replica tape to the back of the probe and then align the two dots (printed on replica tape) with arrows on both sides of the measurement opening.
- Once positioned, firmly press both probe buttons simultaneously and hold until the PosiTector RTR H beeps and the measurement is displayed.
The gauge automatically subtracts the thickness of the polyester substrate from all measurements.
Also available 3D type Replica Tape Reader.