High Voltage Holiday Detector PosiTest® HHD
High Voltage Holiday Detector PosiTest HHD used for Detects holidays, pinholes and other discontinuities using pulse DC
What is High voltage Holiday Detector
Holiday detector, high-voltage is an instrument that uses high voltage (greater than 800 volts) electricity to discover discontinuities in thicker non-conducting or insulating film (between 500 microns (20 mils) and 25mm (1") thick) that is applied over conductive substrates. Insulators include some paints, varnishes and other coatings that are poor electrical conductors.
The voltage used is determined by the coating's type and thickness. A high-voltage holiday detector can be destructive because the high voltage pulses used to detect holidays can burn or destroy some of the thinly coated areas.
High Voltage Holiday Detector is also known as a spark tester because of the spark it gives off whenever a holiday or coating discontinuity is found.
High Voltage Holiday detector, is an instrument used to check for discontinuities in coatings thicker than 500 microns (20 mils). It typically consists of a power source, a ground wire, a probing electrode and an indicator. The indicator is a light or sound that is triggered when a holiday is detected.
There are two types of high voltage holiday detectors available.
The pulsating direct current or the continuous direct current. The pulsating direct current holiday detector is the most commonly used type.
A pulsed direct current holiday detector discharges an adjustable and regulated 'pulsed' or “cycling type” of high voltage. It is suitable for use in dirty, damp, contaminated or slightly conductive coating surfaces.
A continuous direct current holiday detector discharges high voltage continuously and is suitable for holiday testing non-conductive coatings on pipelines, storage tanks and valves.
High Voltage Holiday Detector PosiTest Features
High Voltage Holiday Detector PosiTest is Simple
- Easy-to-use with bright, multicolor LCD
- Ready to measure — comes with everything needed for testing
- Audibly and visibly alerts when flaws/holidays are detected
- Lightweight, ergonomic design provides comfortable all-day use, reducing fatigue
- Voltage calculator feature — choose one of 11 international standards, and input the coating thickness to automatically calculate the required test voltage
- A wide range of rolling spring electrodes and wire brushes are available. Custom sizes available upon request.
- Optional handheld wand accessory coverts the detector into a wand configuration ideal for testing hard-to-reach areas (suitable for voltages < 15 kV)
- Industry-standard connectors and adaptors for compatibility with nearly all existing electrodes
- User adjustable voltage range from 0.5 – 35 kV
High Voltage Holiday detector PosiTest is Durable
- Rugged, environmentally sealed ABS plastic enclosure
- Weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof
- Included Pelican Storm case with custom foam inserts for superior protection
- Two year warranty
High Voltage Holiday Detector PosiTest is Powerful
- Strobe light and loud audible alarms emitted when a holiday is detected. Audio alarm mode can be adjusted for differing environments.
- Removable Smart lithium-ion battery provides power for up to 40 hours of continuous measurement
High Voltage Holiday Detector PosiTest is Safe
- Press and hold Safety Trigger helps prevent accidental high voltage generation
- 7.6 m (25') ground (earth) cable with locking connector and spring clamp
- Shock proof/creep proof — internally sealed to minimize creep distance to high voltage components. Designed in accordance with IEC 61010-1.
High Voltage Holiday Detector PosiTest is Accurate
High Voltage Holiday Detector Specifications
PosiTest High Voltage Holiday Detetcor Kit Options...
The PosiTest HHD is available in two kit configurations. The PosiTest HHD Kit features a longer electrode rod, increased battery capacity, Pelican Storm case, and shoulder strap. The PosiTest HHD Basic Kit features a shorter electrode rod, lower battery capacity, and a durable hard shell case.
Accessories Rolling & wire brush electrode available of sizes.
For more products detail information please contact us.