PIG Destructive Paint Inspection Gauge
TQC SP1100 Super PIG is a destructive precision tool for inspection and thickness measurement on single or multiple coats on virtually all substrates, including wood, plastics, metals etc. Also observes and measures substrate and film defects. Applies a small incision in the layer of paint, and uses an integrated microscope reticle.The SP1100 is a very stable instrument, also the integrated microscope has an excellent focus. The microscope is provided with a double scale (mm and inch) which allows you to calculate to micrometers and mils. Reduce of ambient light because of a rubber end cap on the microscope so when observing through the microscope you will have a better focus upon the specimen.
PIG Destructive Paint Inspection GaugeSPECIFICATIONS
Range : 2 to 1800 microns / 0,1 to 70 mils
Microscope: Magnification 50X (with graduation-scale)
Scale range: 0,00 – 1,8 mm / 0,00 – 0,07 inch (rectilinear measured) Variation: Accuracy depends on chisel cut angle and users reading Battery: 4 x AG13/LR44
Material: Titanium anodised aluminium Width: 25mm
Height: 110mm Length: 65mm
- Made of Titanium anodised aluminum
- Three knife sizes and one crosscut knife in one holder
- Ergonomic design: revolving-system to change knives
- Bright white LED lights ensure clear vision through the microscope
- Small size eases use in corners
- Engraved scaling (D-factor) for easy calculations
Scope of Supply
- Super Pig III destructive paint inspection gauge
- Black marker
- Knives 1, 2 and 4 (sp1111, SP1112, SP1116)
- Hex diagonal wrench
- Black leather case with belt clip
- Mark the inspecting surface with a black line of approximately
- Place the SuperPIG with its cutter behind the line and pull (without putting pressure on the gauge) the SuperPIG across it, just cutting through the
- Tilt the SuperPIG and place the illuminated area at the intersection of the cut with the black
- Look through the microscope and turn the knob to focus on the inspection
- Read the graduation-scale and multiply the divisions with the D factor engraved on the SuperPIG, depanding on µm or mil
The PIG Destructive Paint Inspection suitable use in Automotive and Coating Industry, Construction/Building maintenance, Galvanize, Laboratory, Paint include Steel Protection field.
This instrument is according to ISO 2808.
For more detail please contact us.