Abrasives Test Kit PosiTector® SST Measures the concentration of water-soluble contaminates in blast cleaning abrasives
The Positector SST Abrasives Test Kit was designed to determine the concentration of soluble salt contaminates in blast cleaning abrasives, in accordance with ASTM D4940 and ISO 11127-6.
What is ASTM D4940 Significance and Use ?
Abrasive media may contain ionic contamination naturally (for example, beach sand). It started from manufacturing (quenching with contaminated water), transportation, storage until use (in the case of abrasive that is reused). Ionic contamination on the abrasive may transfer to the surface during abrasive blast cleaning, resulting in potential osmotic blistering, accelerated under film corrosion and premature coating failure.
This test method describes a shop/field procedure for assessing the level of conductive species on an abrasive.
Abrasive standards published by SSPC (AB) and ISO 11126 provide tolerance levels for water soluble contaminants of the abrasive.
Firstly this test method describes a procedure for assessing blast cleaning abrasives for the presence of conductive-potential, ionic contaminants by determining the total concentration of water soluble conductive species using a conductivity test.
Secondly its does not identify the ionic species present nor provide quantitative results on each species.
Finally it is based on a volume comparison among abrasives of similar sizes. A volume comparison is more closely related to surface area of the abrasives than is a weight comparison.
The values stated in SI units are to be regarded as standard, there is no other units of measurement are included in this standard.
This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety, health, and environmental practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
This international standard was developed in accordance with internationally recognized principles on standardization. Then Established in the Decision on Principles for the Development of International Standards, Guides and Recommendations. Issued by the World Trade Organization Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Committee.
PosiTest Abrasive Test Kit Features
- Quickly test abrasives for soluble salt contamination in the field or laboratory
- Specifically designed for ASTM D4940 and ISO 11127-6
- Includes everything required to measure abrasive contamination using a PosiTector SST or other conductivity meter
- Portable — includes a durable and also hard shell case
- Includes certified conductivity standard (calibration solution) to verify meter accuracy, and also Certificate of Analysis.
PosiTest SST Abrasive Test kit contain of :
- 600 ml glass beaker, 100 ml glass beaker, 600 ml plastic beaker, also Plastic funnel, 60 ml Certified Conductivity Standard, 1 liter deionized water (type II), 100 circle filters (125 mm), Stainless steel mixing rod, Instruction card and Certificate of Analysis
Certified Conductivity Standard SSTSLTN84 (60 ml) to verify meter accuracy.
Deionized Water SSTDIWATER or SSTDIWATER1 L (250 ml or 1 L) purified, ion-free water.
Circle Filters SSTABRFILTER (100 pack) 125 mm for use with Abrasives Test Kit.